About Me

My photo
Kevin M. Jackson, A 1994 graduate of Savannah State University with a B.S. degree in Biology and a Masters degree in Urban Education from Norfolk State University and a Masters of Divinity from Liberty University. Elder Jackson is a Chaplain in the United States Navy. He worked as a Science educator for over 14 years. Mr. Jackson is the author of two books; When God Speaks and Life Lessons For My Sons. He is the father of Ephraim, Elim and Elisha and several spiritual sons. Elder Jackson is married to Nila Nash Jackson.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Connected!

In this day and time it is absolutely difficult to find genuine people who are real and sincere. Well, on yesterday, August 27, 2014, I had the opportunity to realize that there are "real people" even behind the social media avatar.

I met Pastor Marlon Harvin on Twitter. His tweets were always inspirational and informative. Many were so profound that they warranted to be retweeted. Well, after I felt a shift in my focus regarding priorities and social media, I decided to cease participation in twitter and facebook. As a result, there were a few people whom I was connected with on Twitter that I felt I could continue to fellowship with and Pastor Marlon was one of them.



On yesterday, I had the opportunity to visit Pentecostal Holiness Church (PHC)-Churchland for a book signing. Several months ago Pastor Marlon informed me that he was conducting a bible series around the title of my devotional book, "When God Speaks". He shared how his members were enjoying the book. Well, I shared with him that I would be more than happy to come and share with his congregation regarding my book.

Saints, I had a marvelous time. My wife and I were so blessed by the genuine love and friendliness of all of the members of PHC. What we experienced could not have been pulled off if it was fake. The bottom line, PHC members were being the "real church". There was no pull, no attitudes, nothing but a great demonstration of being Christ-like.

In this day and time "realness" is often none existent, but it is ever present at PHC. I can say upon personally meeting this man of God and his lovely wife, he is the same anointed person I connected with on Twitter as he was in person.



Additionally, I stayed and attended the Bible study. Pastor Marlon's mother prayed us into the presence of God. She is such a lovely and saintly woman. Thank God for the remnant of truly saved people in this last hour. Pastor Marlon shared a profound and relevatory word. I was blessed and took tons of notes. I am not easily moved by just anything, so this brother came packing with the anointing of God.

Finally beloved, it is so crucial to ensure that you are connected with like-minded saints. Whomever you allow in your life really represents your character. I am proud and grateful to God for a genuine friend that I have found in Pastor Marlon and the church family of PHC. We are "connected"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers